Undergraduate Research and Creativity Expo 2014
The 8th Annual Carolyn & Norwood Thomas Undergraduate Research and Creativity Expo
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Elliott University Center
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The expo is designed to be a campus-wide celebration of undergraduate research, scholarship, and creativity. All students engaged in faculty-mentored scholarly inquiry are encouraged to participate.
Students are eligible to compete for program recognition, which includes monetary awards. Those students that wish to be considered for evaluation must have their mentor's approval/nomination.
Please join us next spring for the 9th Annual Carolyn and Norwood Thomas Undergraduate Research and Creativity Expo.
- 9:00am Pre-function Cone Ballroom
- Welcoming Remarks
- 11:00am Cone Ballroom
- 9:30am – 2:30pm Appetizers and Beverages
- Full Schedule
- Oral Presentations
Humanities Mathematics, Life and Physical Sciences Behavioral, Economic, Educational, and Social Sciences 9:30 - 10:15 White Oak Elm 10:45 - 11:00 Break Maple Break 11:00 - 12:15 White Oak Maple Elm 12:15 - 12:30 Break 12:30 - 1:45 White Oak Maple 1:45 - 2:00 Maple
- Poster Presentations, Exhibits, and Performances (all day, authors will be present during the following times)
9:30 - 10:15 Session I Cone Ballroom 10:45 - 11:00 Break 11:00 - 12:15 Session II Cone Ballroom 12:15 - 12:30 Break 12:30 - 1:45 Session III Cone Ballroom 1:45 - 2:00 Break 2:00 - 2:45 Session IV Cone Ballroom
- Poster presentation: maximum size = 36 x 42 inches
- Oral presentation: limited to 15 minutes including 3-5 minutes for questions and discussion, can accommodate panel discussion
- Scholarly Performance: designed for the performing arts, limited to 15 minutes, please allow 3 minutes for questions
- Exhibit/Display: designed for the visual arts and will be displayed with the posters